Welcome to our Class Blog– learning across the curriculum is already well under way.
We are enjoying getting to know one another and planning our learning together.
We will use this blog to keep you up – dated on our learning journey.
Our learning this week-
- Identifying different genres with a focus on fairy tales.
- Imaginative writing with a focus on the features of fairy tales and VCOP.
- Reading group novels with a focus on vocabulary building.
- Becoming familiar with a number line extending to negative numbers.
- Carrying out simple calculations using negative numbers.
- Mental agility including rapid recall of multiplication facts.
Health and Wellbeing
- Learning the importance of respecting each other and the contribution of others.
- Developing social skills and making new friends.
- Working cooperatively.
- Developing our hockey skills.
- Developing our knowledge of the planets in our Solar System and their place in relation to the sun.
- A visit from the SSPCA highlighted the importanceof treating animals well. This also highlighted the importance of the Charity’s work and how to report an animal emergency.