Learning across the curriculum is already well underway. We are enjoying getting to know each other in our new classes and planning our learning together.
We will use this Blog to update you on our learning and of our journey through the curriculum.
We are very lucky to have Miss Garden, a MA student from Edinburgh University working with us until February. She already feels like one of the class!
Our learning this week in P6K:
• Looking at negative numbers on scales and number lines, linking to real life situations.
• Finding the difference between numbers including negative digits.
• Mental agility and rapid recall of multiplication facts.
• Identifying different genres within a range of texts.
• Writing based on fictional characters with a focus on fairy-tales.
• Reading group novels with a focus on making predictions.
Health and Wellbeing:
• Developing our hockey skills.
• Improving our overall fitness levels and stamina.
• Learning the importance of respecting each other and the contributions of others.
• Developing social skills and making new friends.
• Construct models – astronauts and space rockets with a range of materials.
• Compare 2 chosen Planets and create fact files.
• A visit from the SSPCA highlighted their work and how we can contact them in an animal emergency.