- We have been learning about the ‘soft c’ spelling pattern in words such as glance, rice, fence
- We learned to spell the words other, mother , another
- We wrote stories about a Windy day and made a list of exciting descriptive words to help us.
- We continued to explore rhythm and rhyme in poems.
On our Spelling City page, you can access the tricky word lists and some fun games to play for extra practice.
Thank you for your continued support with practising key vocabulary and signing the reading record. Please note that ‘new book day’ may change for some pupils soon.
- We are continuing to work in class on predicting, analysing and discussing the wide range of texts we read – including, but not limited to, our home reading books. We would encourage the children to make personal choices of reading material from home and library – school reading books are only a small part of becoming an avid reader.
Numeracy & Mathematics
We have been investigating patterns and were making patterned sequences using shape , colour and pictures.
- We have been learning to count forward and backwards in 2’s
- We had a long chat about ‘0’ and whether it is an odd or even number.
- We continued to practise and use our subtraction skills
- We have been consolidating our knowledge of the order of the months of the year and learning to say which month comes before/after/between etc.
Other areas of the curriculum
- This term we are learning about the human body .
- We made a list of questions we would like to research and find out about.
- We have been looking at the skeleton and our bones. We learned what types of bones are in our body
- We had great fun doing activities which made our heart beat faster.
We talked about Robert Burns and how we celebrate his birthday. We had very different opinions about the taste of haggis !
French….we have been learning phrases like bonjour, salut, au revoir, bonsoir
PE… We were dancing to the beat of Scottish dance music