Your child will have a core book home in their purple bag. Please read a little each day. Can you spot any soft ‘c’ words as you read?
Each child has also been given a tricky word sheet to work on at home. Please read and spell the words in the grid. (See previous blog post)
We are learning all about the soft ‘c’ sound in ‘ice’.
Here are examples of words below:
We have been writing all about the poet ‘Robert Burns’. Can you share a fact about Robert Burns with a parent/carer at home?
Numeracy & Maths
This week we have been learning all about Subtraction and Time.
- To subtract a single digit from a 2 digit number
- To take away 10 from a number using a 100 square
- To tell the time to quarter past and quarter to.
- We have been identifying the main cities in Scotland. Which city is the capital city?
- We have been reading maps by using the vocabulary north, south, east and west. (Never Eat Shredded Wheat)
- We have been learning all about ‘Robert Burns’.
- We have been reading a Scottish poem ‘The Sair Finger’ and performing it in a group.
This week we have enjoyed:
- Exploring our new tourist information office in our classroom
- Sharing our learning in assembly
Next week we want to:
- Spend more time in the new hall!