Week beginning 5.2.18
We are still looking for some junk for our classroom.
I will collect all reading books in today (Friday). We will begin reading when we return to school after the February holiday.
I have uploaded all tricky word sheets below. Please work on reading and spelling all of the words at home.
Numeracy and Maths
- We are continuing to subtract in class by counting backwards on a number line.
- We are continuing to tell the time- quarter past and to the hour.
- We are describing the position of an object- ‘to the left of’ and ‘to the right of’.
Topic (IDL- interdisciplinary learning)
- We have been discussing the weather in Scotland.
- We have been identifying weather symbols and creating our own weather forecasts in teams.
What we have enjoyed this week:
- Having our parents/carers visit our classroom
- PE in the new hall
- Improving our speed when answering addition calculations by playing ‘Around the World’.
Have a lovely holiday everyone!