- We practised “also” and “friend” and revised our tricky words
- We were learning how to write a story and check our own punctuation and spelling
- We discussed alphabetical order .
On our Spelling City page, you can access the tricky word lists and some fun games to play for extra practice.
Thank you for your continued support with practising key vocabulary and signing the reading record.
- We are continuing to work in class on predicting, analysing and discussing the wide range of texts we read – including, but not limited to, our home reading books. We would encourage the children to make personal choices of reading material from home and library – school reading books are only a small part of becoming an avid reader.
Next week we will not be sending a reading book home.
The whole school ‘word of the week’ was regardez
We also continued to practise using greetings such as Salut, Bonsoir, Ça va ,au revoir, bienvenue
Numeracy & Mathematics
- We continued to learning to recognise coins and count sums of money.
Why don’t you play this game to help consolidate our learning about coins.
For a challenge – try this game.
For an even bigger challenge – try this game.
We were learning to count in equal groups and discovered that some totals could be grouped several ways eg 3 lots of 4 is the same as 4 lots of 3
Try grouping equal lots with other totals .
Other areas of the curriculum
We learned about St Patrick
We have been very busy all week practising our play and the songs for the Birthday celebrations .
It is hard work but we have all been stars learning words and singing beautifully!