Maths and Numeracy
This week we have focused on our fact families. This means we used our times table knowledge to solve division sums. E.g. We know that 4 x 2 = 8 so 8 / 2 = 4.
We also focused on money! We were looking at the difference between two amounts. We used Empty Number Lines to solve…
Some of us found this tricky so we will keep working on this next week.
In Spelling we have continued with the magic e rule. We are becoming confident when using this and how the sound changes!
We have continued to focus on non-fiction. We know we should use the contents and glossary to help us find things in the book and can learn new facts from them.
In Writing we wrote a set of instructions. We were good at using BOSSY VERBS to make the instructions clear. We made different potions including an invisibility potion (watch out for invisible children coming home!) to help us write the instructions. We are going to try to add time connectives to make our instructions flow.
Health and Wellbeing
- In Assembly PC Fowler came in to talk to us about Road Safety! We learnt about the safe crossings around us and will try to use these. We also saw the Buckstone Baby who has 4 teeth now!
- We enjoyed football where we were developing our dribbling skills by playing a game of tig.
- We also liked badminton where we were trying to hit the shuttle accurately.
- We practised very hard with our song which paid off as we were brilliant during the performances!
- We enjoyed being part of the celebration.
- We loved getting medals!