- We practised “school” and “before” and revised our tricky words
- In spelling we revised soft g in words like giant and bridge
- We were learning how to write a holiday report and check our own punctuation and spelling.
On our Spelling City page, you can access the tricky word lists and some fun games to play for extra practice.
Thank you for your continued support with practising key vocabulary and signing the reading record.
- We are continuing to work in class on predicting, analysing and discussing the wide range of texts we read – including, but not limited to, our home reading books. We would encourage the children to make personal choices of reading material from home and library – school reading books are only a small part of becoming an avid reader.
Next week we will be back to sending a reading book home.
The whole school ‘word of the week’ was assayez-vous
We also continued to practise using greetings such as Salut, Bonsoir, Ça va ,au revoir, bienvenue
Numeracy & Mathematics
- We continued learning to recognise coins and count sums of money.
- We made a list of items we would need for the Queen’s birthday party.We chose 2 and calculated the total cost.
- Try adding totals at home
Why don’t you play this game to help consolidate our learning about coins?
For a challenge – try this game.
For an even bigger challenge – try this game.
We were learning to count in equal groups and discovered that some totals could be grouped several ways eg 3 lots of 4 is the same as 4 lots of 3
Other areas of the curriculum
We discussed the season Spring and explored the playground to see what signs we could spot.
Maybe you can spot some when you are out and about.
RME- we looked at the signs and symbols linked to Christianity
PE- we practised the skills to help us ran faster
We have enjoyed learning outdoors this week in the sun!