- We practised “does” and “done” and revised all our tricky words
- In spelling we worked on the ending ed sounding like ed in words like wanted and melted
- We received another Super Hero letter and as instructed we created our own Super heroes and wrote about our super hero identity.
- we wrote a story entitled ” If we could fly”
- We worked together and chose our own Super hero names for our reading groups
On our Spelling City page, you can access the tricky word lists and some fun games to play for extra practice.
Thank you for your continued support with practising key vocabulary and signing the reading record.
- We are continuing to work in class on predicting, analysing and discussing the wide range of texts we read – including, but not limited to, our home reading books. We would encourage the children to make personal choices of reading material from home and library – school reading books are only a small part of becoming an avid reader.
Numeracy & Mathematics
- We practised sharing things in equal groups . Try sharing things like books , toys equally at home.
- We began to explore measurement and looked at all the vocabulary associated with it
- we identified whether a problem was length,weight or capacity
Why don’t you play this game to help consolidate our learning about coins?
For a challenge – try this game.
For an even bigger challenge – try this game.
Other areas of the curriculum
French The whole school ‘word of the week’ was levez la main. We were able to work out the meaning from what we have learned so far.We also continued to practise using greetings such as Salut, Bonsoir, Ça va ,au revoir, bienvenue, asseyez-vous and levez-vous.
Art -We designed our own superhero costumes
RME- we looked at the signs and symbols linked to Buddhism
PE- we practised throwing and jumping skills
Have a lovely holiday weekend!