- we revised all our tricky words and are practising ” again ” and “four”
- In spelling we worked on adding ing to a verb giving it a short vowel sound – e.g. pat, bat,
- we practised handwriting h, b p,u,w,y in our new lined jotter
- We discussed the play and then wrote some very impressive reports giving our own opinions.
- we discussed why we need rules and wrote words in different types of colourful writing like zig zags, dotty .
On our Spelling City page, you can access the tricky word lists and some fun games to play for extra practice
Thank you for your continued support with practising key vocabulary and signing the reading record.
- We are continuing to work in class on predicting, analysing and discussing the wide range of texts we read – including, but not limited to, our home reading books. We would encourage the children to make personal choices of reading material from home and library – school reading books are only a small part of becoming an avid reader.
Numeracy & Mathematics
- We practised making groups and revised our 2, 5 and 10 times tables
- We discussed the days of the week and their order using “yesterday” and “tomorrow”. Some of us found this very tricky.
- we used our knowledge to measure and compare length , capacity and weight
This is a great online game for practising your numeracy skills. There is also a tablet friendly app which you may wish to use.
Other areas of the curriculum
- Most of us enjoyed our visit to the theatre and the comedy involved. We looked at the theme of sharing and everyone being equal which ran throughout it.
- In PE we practised our hand- eye coordination using a variety of equipment
- we looked back on our year in P2 and what we have enjoyed
- we found a caterpillar in the classroom and discussed the life cycle of a butterfly