This is the last week we will send home reading. Please can you make sure you continue to read texts with your child at home during the holidays. This will help your child’s confidence when returning to school in August.
Well done to everyone for all of their effort this year with reading at home and thank you to all the parents/carers for supporting this.
- We have been having a spelling focus week- tricky words and words we continue to spell incorrectly from our independent writing.
- We have been creating questions to ask our new teacher at ‘Meet the teacher’ next week.
- We are continuing to work on joining letter patterns- th, ch, ai, all
Maths & Numeracy
- We have been revising addition strategies this week- ways to make 18 etc.
- We have been comparing the weight of items.
- We are continuing to answer 2x , 5x and 10x table facts.
- We have been identifying the different parts of our ear.
- We have been learning all about ‘Eating Healthy’ and looking at a Healthy plate.
- We created rainbows by using fruits and vegetables with a learning partner.
We enjoyed watching the P7 Show on Wednesday. Well done to everyone who took part. It was fantastic!
Next week we would like to:
- Meet our new teacher!
Have a great weekend everyone!