We have been reading Class Two at the Zoo. We were able to sequence the main events and make predictions. We retold the story using maps of the zoo. We also found out some facts about snakes and made our own fact sheets.
We have enjoyed learning about numbers in the different areas of our classroom for example making models and counting how many bricks we used. We learned a song called Concentration Navigation which helped us to practise saying two numbers after. It has a very catchy tune so you could ask us to sing this for you at home! Lots of us have been writing our numbers backwards so we want to work on this next week. We have also been writing ‘teen numbers’ with the 1 as the second digit so 61 instead of 16. Again we will work on this next week.
Other areas of the curriculum
- We have continued to work on mindfulness.
- In assembly we learned about countries which are not so lucky and don’t have enough food for their people.
- We also learned about harvesting.
- In art we drew self portraits using wax crayons and oil pastels.
- In PE we have been working on throwing and catching.