Here’s what we have been learning this week.
- We wrote a short piece all about ouselves.
- After being given the start of a story, we finished it ourselves using exciting vocabulary.
- We worked on pyramid writing using our new spelling pattern, ing words. (See link below for the words).
- We finished reading Storm and were surprised by the cliffhanger at the end- we were left with so many questions!
- In cursive writing we worked on c, d and e.
- In maths we worked on bar graphs, trying to interpret information from them.
- We continued working on our beat-thats (links below).
- We have practised our times tables (2, 5 and 3).
- We have worked on ordering numbers, some of us worked on numbers bigger than 1000.
- In PE, we tried out lots of different fitness skills and talked about changes in our bodies when we exercise.
- In Topic, we started to look at the differences between living and non-living things. Here’s a picture of some of the sorting that we did.
- In French we learnt about the months of the year.
- In Music, we worked in groups to follow the conductor’s instructions. We were working on loud and soft sounds.
What we have found challenging:
The French months of the year, bar graphs- when they go up in multiples instead of ones, comprehension.
What we have enjoyed:
“I enjoyed beat-thats!” Joe
“I enjoyed learning about living things.” Sarah
“Finishing our table signs.” Molly
Isn’t our classroom starting to look fab? We have been working really hard on our displays!