It has been another busy week of learning in Primary 4W!
- Developing our reading skills using fiction and non-fiction texts.
- Using a thesaurus to up-level our describing words.
- Finding evidence in a text.
- Organising evidence from a text.
- Developing undrerstanding of a text using true and false statements.
- Developing our listening skills and talking skills.
- Developing our cursive writing skills.
- Developing our use of spelling rules – adding ing.
- Developing our addition skills, knowledge of jigsaw numbers, and doubles.
- Discussing the strategies we use for addition calculations including near doubles, near jigsaw and knowledge of 10 + calculations.
- Developing our knowledge of place value.
- Counting in tens and hundreds.
- Adding and subtracting in tens, hundreds and thousands.
- Explaining the value of each digit in 4-digit numbers.
- Placing a number on the correct place in a number line.
- Writing 4-digit numbers in words and digits.
- Answering questions about block graphs.
- Showing information on a bar graph.
- Creating our own music.
- Developing our cooperative skills.
- Developing our thinking skills.
- Developing the skills needed for team sports.