- We have been learning to count up and down within 30 starting and stopping at different numbers.
- We have been counting objects and dots (large groups) and remembering to count each item one at a time to make sure we get to the right number. We need to take our time with this!
- We have been adding numbers together. Sometimes a number of counters are hidden under a screen and then we are shown another amount of counters which we have to add together. For example “There are 12 counters under this screen, if I put 4 more out how many will there be altogether?”. We have to hold the 12 in our head and count on.
- We have been learning about the months of the year. We found it hard to answer questions about the order. For example “What month comes before March?”. We want to do more work on this.
- We enjoyed getting reading books to take home this week. Please see previous blog post with information about reading in P2.
- We have been learning how to write a d in cursive writing.
- We wrote about our ‘weekend news’ and also a story about what would happen if we had a pet spider. We had some brilliant ideas!
- We have also been revising how to spell CVC words (consonant, vowel, consonant) for example hat, cot, sit. Also common words such as I, want, was, the, to, put.
Other areas of the curriculum
- We had great fun in Drama acting out a lion hunt and pretending to be zebras and giraffes.
- We revised greetings in French.
- We have really enjoyed using small equipment creatively in PE lessons.
- We looked at maps of the world and found out which continent each of the animals in the Polly Jean book lived on. We have been particularly interested in globes and atlases. We would like to learn more about lions next week.