It has been another very busy week of learning in Primary 4W!
- Developing our reading skills using fiction and non-fiction texts.
- Using a thesaurus to up-level our describing words.
- Finding clues in a text.
- Organising evidence from a text.
- Developing our writing skills by using adjectives.
- Developing our listening skills and talking skills.
- Developing our cursive writing skills.
- Developing our use of spelling rules – adding ‘ing’ with a double final consonant.
- Developing our accuracy and speed for addition calculations.
- Discussing the strategies we use for addition calculations including near doubles, near jigsaw, knowledge of 10 + calculations and fact families.
- Developing our knowledge of place value.
- Developing our knowledge of times tables.
- Adding and subtracting tens, hundreds and thousands from 3 and 4-digit numbers.
- Explaining the value of each digit in 4-digit numbers.
- Placing a number on the correct place in a number line.
- Writing 4-digit numbers in words and digits.
- Comparing and ordering 3 and 4-digit numbers.
- Showing information on a bar graph.
- Creating a bar graph.
- Creating our own music.
- Developing our cooperative skills.
- Developing our thinking skills.
- Developing the skills needed for team sports.
- Developing our knowledge of Living Things.
- Using a variety of art techniques to create a title for our Learning Wall.
- Developing our ICT skills.