What we have been learning in P4G this week:
- We named our new reading groups after book characters. Please make sure that reading books are in school each day. Please sign your child’s reading record when they have completed their reading.
- In handwriting we practised cursive o, r, s, t, u and v.
- We have been learning about Rosie the Superhero to help us with our remembering reading skills.
- We worked on our comprehension skills.
- In Storm we talked about descriptive language.
- Our spelling sound this week was ing endings on magic e words. You need to get rid of the final e before adding ing. See link below.
Maths and Numeracy
- We have been working on pictograms to show our birthdays.
- We have been learning about jigsaw numbers to 10, 20 and 100. For example, 5 + ? = 10, 13 + ? = 20, 60 + ? = 100
- We continued to work on speed and accuracy of our beat thats.
- In place value, we worked on ordering numbers. Here’s a link to a game you could use to practise.
- We used a board game to help us add on in tens and hundreds.
- Using a bingo game we added two 2-digit numbers in our heads.
- We were using out sketching skills and working on line, tone and shade.
- We have been increasing our knowledge of living things. This week we found out about what all living things have in common. Can you remember all of the seven things that make something living? (MRS FERG)
- In Music we worked on beat and rhythm.
- We enjoyed watching an assembly about space.
- In French we learned the months of the year.
What have we enjoyed this week?
“I enjoyed sketching!”
“We enjoyed cursive very much!”
“I enjoyed sketching with Mrs Graham.”
“I loved doing the pictograms.”
The sketching and shading, reading and adding tens and hundreds.