- In phonics we have been revising the ch and sh sounds. We have been reading and spelling words with these sounds. It can be tricky if the sound is at the END for example fish or wish.
- We have been learning how to write a in cursive writing.
- We wrote letters to the different animals in Polly Jean. We addressed envelopes too.
- We have been ordering the months of the year with cut and stick activities. We also enjoy learning these with the hopscotch game.
- We are continuing to order numbers up to 20 or 30.
Other areas of the curriculum
- As part of health and well-being we have been learning about different emotions. We read a story about different colours representing different feelings then we created our own people showing how we were feeling.
- In PE we have enjoyed throwing and catching and also small equipment activities.
- On Wednesday we celebrated European Day of Languages.
- We found out some facts about penguins.