It has been another very busy week of learning in Primary 4W!
- Developing our reading skills using fiction and non-fiction texts.
- Finding clues in a text.
- Using questioning to develop our understanding of a text.
- Finding evidence from a text to work out how a character feels.
- Developing our writing skills by using adjectives.
- Using a thesaurus to develop our vocabulary.
- Up-levelling a text to engage the reader.
- Developing our listening and talking skills.
- Developing our cursive writing skills.
- Developing our accuracy and speed for addition and multiplication calculations.
- Discussing the strategies we use for addition calculations including near doubles, near jigsaw, knowledge of 10 + calculations and fact families.
- Comparing numbers to decide which is bigger or smaller.
- Recognising the greater than and the less than sign.
- Completing statements by adding one of these symbols to make it true.
- Completing a statement by adding a number to make it true.
- Understanding and continuing number sequences.
- Solving number puzzles.
- Answering questions about bar graphs.
- Developing our cooperative skills.
- Developing our thinking skills.
- Developing the skills needed for team sports.
- Developing our knowledge of Living Things.
- Developing our drawing skills.