It has been another very busy week of learning in Primary 4W!
- Developing our reading skills using fiction and non-fiction texts.
- Finding clues in a text.
- Using questioning to develop our understanding of a text.
- Developing our comprehension skills.
- Using a thesaurus to develop our vocabulary.
- Up-levelling a text to engage the reader.
- Developing our use of ‘time’ openers.
- Developing our listening and talking skills.
- Developing our cursive writing skills.
- Developing our research skills.
- Changing words to past tense by doubling the consonant and adding ed.
- Developing our spelling of everyday words.
- Developing our accuracy and speed for addition and multiplication calculations.
- Discussing the strategies we use for addition calculations including near doubles, near jigsaw, knowledge of 10 + calculations and fact families.
- Doubling 2- digit numbers.
- Comparing numbers to decide which is bigger or smaller in ‘real-life’ problems.
- Completing statements using greater than and less than symbols for ‘real-life’ comparisons.
- Answering a range of questions about bar graphs.
- Developing our cooperative skills.
- Developing our thinking skills.
- Developing the skills needed for team sports.
- Developing our knowledge of Living Things.
- Developing our drawing skills.
- Developing our music skills.