- We have been working on the ai and ay sounds this week. We found it easier to read the words rather than spell them. We will work on this more next week. Examples of words are mail, jail, hay, day, way, say, rain, pain. In general the ai sound is in the middle of words and the ay comes at the end.
- In writing we received a thank you letter from the animals in Polly Jean and they asked us to reply telling them about a party we had been to.
- We have been looking at lots of different patterns in maths (dominoes and ten frames) We enjoyed using this link https://www.nctm.org/Classroom-Resources/Illuminations/Interactives/Ten-Frame/
- We also did lots of maths linked to our party for example counting out supplies and solving problems. For example “we have 19 cups but there are 25 people coming to the party, how many more do I need to buy?”
Other areas of the curriculum
- In drama we enjoyed acting out and playing instruments along to the story of Mr Gumpy’s Outing.
- We have been revising French greetings.
- We enjoyed making party hats and of course our pyjama party this morning!
Have a lovely October holiday. We are looking forward to seeing you all back on Tuesday 23rd October.