BOOK FAIR – a reminder that our class will have an opportunity to visit the school book fair on Tuesday and Friday of next week. Children may bring money to purchase a book if you wish. Please ensure money is brought in a sealed envelope with the child’s name and class clearly marked.
- We revised ai and ay spelling sounds again this week and also reminded ourselves of the ee sound .
- In writing we designed and wrote a postcard telling someone about our experiences on holiday.
- We were hunting for nouns in our reading books.
Please continue to revise your group’s spelling words using the spelling city word lists ( accessed via the link below)
Plums – Block 1
Shoes – Block 2
Trees and Doors – Block 3 & 4
We continue to enjoy “BEAR” time in class.
You may wish to use our Spelling City class page to play games and revise the tricky spelling words. n.b. this site works best on a laptop, but there is a free app available for tablets
cursive writing formation
Numeracy and Maths
We have been solving missing addend problems – e.g. 4 + ? = 12, finding the missing number to complete the calculation. Challenge can be added by using larger numbers and/or a larger difference – e.g. 23 + ? = 39
- We looked at interpreting pictograms and bar charts, asking questions such as – Which has most?
- Which has least?
- What is the difference between ?
- How many more does A. have compared to B ?
Other areas of the curriculum.
We looked at some examples of Mandala patterns then made our own using natural materials in the playground.
We continue to think about how we can ‘Take a moment’ when things get stressful, and we have all enjoyed doing some relaxing mindfulness colouring.
We looked at the outcomes and experiences we need to cover this term and decided as a class what we would like to learn. Here are some of the questions we want to explore.
By researching, I can describe the position and function of the skeleton and major organs of the human body and discuss what I need to do to keep them healthy.
I have explored my senses and can discuss their reliability and limitations in responding to the environment.
I know the symptoms of some common diseases caused by germs. I can explain how they are spread and discuss how some methods of preventing and treating disease benefit society.
Some of our questions:
- Find out about bones, how do they move?
- How do your bones get made?
- What are the lines in the middle of your hands? Are they veins? What are eins for?
- How do germs get back on to your hand once you have washed them?
- How do water and soap get germs off your hands?
- What are all the senses?
- Finding out what sports we can do to keep healthy.
- How does blood come out of your skin?
- How do all the different parts of your body work?
- Finding out about how your heart beats.
- How the germs get inside you?
- How do your adult teeth grow in?
- How does your brain work?
- How do your lungs/arms work? How do you breathe?
- How do you burp ?
- Why do we need oxygen?
- Why do our fingers go wrinkly when you swim?
- How do bones break ?
- How do germs spread ?
- Why is our skin different when we are young?
- How can you taste food?
- How does food turn into poo ?
If you have any expertise you could share with us around our topic please do get in touch.