It has been another busy week of learning in Primary 4W!
- Developing our reading skills using fiction and non-fiction texts.
- Finding clues in a text.
- Using questioning to develop our understanding of a text.
- Developing our comprehension skills.
- Using a thesaurus to develop our vocabulary.
- Developing our use of ‘time’ openers.
- Developing our listening and talking skills.
- Developing our cursive writing skills.
- Spelling words with al saying o- as in talking, chalk, false.
- Developing our spelling of everyday words.
- Developing our accuracy and speed for addition and multiplication calculations.
- Discussing the strategies we use for addition calculations including near doubles, near jigsaw, knowledge of 10 + calculations and fact families.
- Doubling 2/3 digit numbers.
- Explaining number sequences.
- Continuing number sequences.
- Rounding numbers to the nearest 10.
- Developing our cooperative skills.
- Developing our thinking skills.
- Developing the skills needed for team sports.
- Developing our knowledge of Living Things.
- Developing our ICT skills- creating a Powerpoint Presentation.