Good morning everyone,
Reading has started coming home! How exciting!
A few top tips for supporting us and your child with reading:
- We have included a little ‘Reading Guide’ inside each reading record to help you at home.
- Please make sure that the reading clear folder is inside your child’s purple folder each day. We will be working on reading skills each day in class.
- We will note the date and title of the book inside the reading record each week.
- The reading record is a great way for us to communicate with you if there is something you should focus on with your child.
- It would be fantastic if you could sign the reading record each week to show us that you have completed the reading home learning with your child.
- If your child has done something particularly well with their reading/phonics at home then please comment in the reading record. For example: “Well done John, you read well this evening.” or “Jane sounded out ‘tap’ well tonight.”