This week we have been learning new sounds. We are almost finished learning all of the initial sounds. We will then spend a few weeks consolidating our learning before beginning learning new sounds.
Sounds and Tricky words this week:
Sounds: ‘qu’ ‘x’ and ‘w’
Tricky words: ‘want’ ‘was’ and ‘saw’
Please continue to work on sounds and tricky words at home. We have been enjoying reading and writing tricky words at our writing station this week.
Most children have a book home to work on. Please use the ‘Reading Guide’ inside your child’s reading record to support your child at home. (See previous post for more information).
This week we have been learning:
- to count in steps of 2. (0,2,4,6,8,10,12…)
- to work out double facts. Can you work on the facts/calculations below at home?
1 + 1 = Challenge facts: 6 + 6 =
2 + 2 = 7 + 7 =
3 + 3 = 8 + 8 =
4 + 4 = 9 + 9 =
5 + 5 = 10 + 10 =
Other Curricular Areas
- We had our very first ‘Mix up Tuesday’ this week. ‘Mix up Tuesday’ is when both Primary One classes mix up and rotate around all 3 teachers. This week we were learning RME, French and PE in the rotation. How exciting!
- P1S have started to learn all about ‘Space’.
- P1F have started to learn all about ‘Forces’.
- We visited the Book Fair.
- We are looking forward to sharing our learning with you all at our ‘Drop-in session’ tomorrow.
Learn Through Play
We have been learning to:
- make rubbings of outdoor materials using crayons.
- build a model using a selected number of pieces.
- develop our fine motor skills
- create a role play area in our classroom (P1S) by selecting what we would like to use inside our shop.