- We got to choose our new reading books. Reading is issued on a Tuesday and due to be completed by the following Tuesday.
- We watched a spooky film clip called ‘Alma’ We had to create a synopsis for the film.
- We used an important scene from Friend or Foe to complete a ‘Literary Luminary’ task.
- We explored the roles of the Literature Circles. Our first meeting is on Tuesday.
- Learned a new strategy for adding large numbers – Diamond Addition
- We learned about telling the time in a 24hour format
- We learned a new strategy for multiplying 2 digit numbers by 2 digit numbers- Grid Method
- We learned about a Shuttle launch count down
- We explored train timetables and linked this to 24 hour time
Other Curricular Areas
- We attended the book fair
- We learned the colours in German
- We helped as tour guides for the school open day
- We learned some Scottish dances
- We worked on our Space Posters and presentations
- We decided our HWB targets for our Learning Stories
- In ICT we learned about spreadsheeets on Excel
- We worked with our P1 buddies to create a monster that we will make into a soft toy using our sewing skills
- Halloween and Guy Fawkes assembly
- We enjoyed the mums and dads visiting us on Friday