This week we have been learning the last few initial sounds. We will now to revising all initial sounds until after Christmas to make sure we are confident with blending sounds to read and write words.
Sounds this week: ‘z’ and ‘y’
Tricky word: ‘no’
We will be sending home an overview of all tricky words covered in your child’s purple folder by Friday. Please work on reading these at home.
All children will have a reading book home by tomorrow. Well done to everyone who has been reading a little each evening. We are enjoying reading in our groups in class.
We have been continuing to work on ‘doubles’.
Here is a song to play at home to help you.
We have also been revisiting:
- finding the missing number in a sequence
- counting backwards and forwards
- counting in steps of 2
Other Areas of the Curriculum
This Tuesday we mixed both P1 classes together and we were put into 3 groups. We spent time with all three P1 teachers.
Miss Davidson French- Greetings (Salut, Bonjour)
Miss McGhee: PE (fitness games)
Miss Levey: RME (Diwali)
We enjoyed spending time with our friends in each class. We are looking forward to doing this again next week!
We have also been learning:
- facts about ‘The Moon’- P1S
- to create rangoli patterns linked to our learning about ‘Diwali’
- to spot capital letters and full stops in text
- using ICT to build and blend words
- to share our worries linked to the whole school ‘Building Resilience’ Programme. (See leaflet sent home in purple bag)
Learning Through Play
- carving and counting seeds in a pumpkin
- writing known sounds in slime (water and cornflour!)
- counting using outdoor materials
- communicating and sharing resources
- finger painting