- We revised spelling words with igh and -y sounds .
- In writing we wrote a personal response to watching fireworks.
- Our reading focus was on finding information
Please continue to revise your group’s spelling words using the spelling city word lists ( accessed via the link below)
Plums – Blocks 1 and 2
Shoes – Block 2 and 3
Trees and Doors – Block 3 & 4, and 5 if you are ready for a challenge
We continue to enjoy “BEAR” time in class.
You may wish to use our Spelling City class page to play games and revise the tricky spelling words. n.b. this site works best on a laptop, but there is a free app available for tablets
cursive writing formation
Numeracy and Maths
We created block charts.
We played ‘race to 100’ to practise our skills in addition.
We have continued to investigate missing addend problems – e.g. 4 + ? = 12, finding the missing number to complete the calculation. Challenge can be added by using larger numbers and/or a larger difference – e.g. 23 + ? = 39
We have asked questions such as. “There were 12 counters under the card, and I have stolen some. Now there are only 7 left. How many did I steal ?” We used counting on or counting back strategies to help us find the answer.
We are about to start learning about shape, so we tried to recall what we already knew about 2d and 3d shapes
Other areas of the curriculum.
In PE, we explored differently ways of rolling
We investigated our 5 senses, using them to identify objects.We liked some smells and textures more than others.
We discovered that we could use the magnetix to build UNDERNEATH the table, but gravity sometimes pulled our structures down. Why is this ?
By researching, I can describe the position and function of the skeleton and major organs of the human body and discuss what I need to do to keep them healthy.
I have explored my senses and can discuss their reliability and limitations in responding to the environment.
I know the symptoms of some common diseases caused by germs. I can explain how they are spread and discuss how some methods of preventing and treating disease benefit society.
Some of our questions:
- Find out about bones, how do they move?
- How do your bones get made?
- What are the lines in the middle of your hands? Are they veins? What are veins for?
- How do germs get back on to your hand once you have washed them?
- How do water and soap get germs off your hands?
- What are all the senses?
- Finding out what sports we can do to keep healthy.
- How does blood come out of your skin?
- How do all the different parts of your body work?
- Finding out about how your heart beats.
- How the germs get inside you?
- How do your adult teeth grow in?
- How does your brain work?
- How do your lungs/arms work? How do you breathe?
- How do you burp ?
- Why do we need oxygen?
- Why do our fingers go wrinkly when you swim?
- How do bones break ?
- How do germs spread ?
- Why is our skin different when we are young?
- How can you taste food?
- How does food turn into poo ?
If you have any expertise you could share with us around our topic please do get in touch.