- We have been continuing to work on the igh and y sounds. We have been reading and spelling words such as by,my,sky,might,light,night.
- In handwriting we formed the letter s.
- We wrote about our weekend news and also described the experience of attending the road safety workshop.
- In mental maths we have been recalling doubles. E.g. double 6 is 12.
- We have introduced the concept of equal groups which will build the foundation for multiplication and division.
Here are 5 groups of 3. They are equal because there are three in each group.
Here are two equal groups of six.
- We have been learning the names of 2D shapes and using the term ‘sides’ to describe them. E.g. it has 4 equal sides.
Other areas of the curriculum
- We attended a road safety magic show
- We planted daffodil bulbs which we will be giving away on Tuesday and Thursday after school (donations for Marie Curie welcome)
- We have been learning about our teeth and loved finding out about the different types using little mirrors
- In RME we listened to the bible story of the loaves and the fishes