Thank you for all your support for the P7’s fundraising day for Children in Need.
- We revised spelling words with igh and -y sounds .
- In writing we wrote a personal response to the Road Safety Magic show.
- Our reading focus was on finding information.
Please continue to revise your group’s spelling words using the spelling city word lists ( accessed via the link below)
Plums – Blocks 1 and 2
Shoes – Block 2 and 3
Trees and Doors – Block 3 & 4, and 5 if you are ready for a challenge
We continue to enjoy “BEAR” time in class.
You may wish to use our Spelling City class page to play games and revise the tricky spelling words. n.b. this site works best on a laptop, but there is a free app available for tablets
Numeracy and Maths
We have been exploring how we can share an amount into equal groups. THIS GAME can help you practise at home if you wish.
We have been consolidating our knowledge of the names and properties of 2D shapes. We devised some tricks to help us with the trickier names.
- An 8 sided shape reminds us of a sea creature with 8 legs ( Octopus/Octagon)
- A 6 sided shape -(siX/heXagon)
- A 5 sided shape reminds us that we have 5 fingers and can hold a PENcil (PENtagon)
Other areas of the curriculum.
We planted daffodil bulbs and learned a little about the life of Marie Curie.
We watched a Magic Show all about Road Safety.
In learned how to say colours in French.
We made puppets to retell the story of the bible story, “The feeding of the 5000”
We learned the names and uses of the different types of teeth.
By researching, I can describe the position and function of the skeleton and major organs of the human body and discuss what I need to do to keep them healthy.
I have explored my senses and can discuss their reliability and limitations in responding to the environment.
I know the symptoms of some common diseases caused by germs. I can explain how they are spread and discuss how some methods of preventing and treating disease benefit society.
Some of our questions:
- Find out about bones, how do they move?
- How do your bones get made?
- What are the lines in the middle of your hands? Are they veins? What are veins for?
- How do germs get back on to your hand once you have washed them?
- How do water and soap get germs off your hands?
- What are all the senses?
- Finding out what sports we can do to keep healthy.
- How does blood come out of your skin?
- How do all the different parts of your body work?
- Finding out about how your heart beats.
- How the germs get inside you?
- How do your adult teeth grow in?
- How does your brain work?
- How do your lungs/arms work? How do you breathe?
- How do you burp ?
- Why do we need oxygen?
- Why do our fingers go wrinkly when you swim?
- How do bones break ?
- How do germs spread ?
- Why is our skin different when we are young?
- How can you taste food?
- How does food turn into poo ?
If you have any expertise you could share with us around our topic please do get in touch.