What have we been learning in P4G this week?
- We began looking at news reports and thinking about the five w’s: what, where, why, when and who.
- Our spelling words this week were using the igh sound. See link below. We made up our own games and activities to practise the rule.
- We continued to work on our VCOP in writing by describing a sunset setting.
- In reading we worked on characterisation and questioning. Please can all parents make sure that they sign their children’s reading records and that reading is available in school every day- thanks in advance!
- We continued to work on our cursive joins.
Maths and Numeracy:
- We began to work on time this week and revised o’clock and half past times. Please practise this at home as much as possible.
- We are looking at strategies to help us add and take away and have been looking at using a hundred square. Can you add these numbers using a 100 square to help?
23+55, 36+23, 54+28, 67+28
- We have continued to work on getting faster and more accurate at our beat thats.
- We chose our new history topic- The Vikings- and worked in teams to think about what we already know, what we’d like to find out and how we will share what we learn.
- We made our own Viking timeline of some of the big events that happened during the Viking era.
- In PE we worked on invasion games and discussed all of the skills that we need to succeed in these games. We also worked on improving our fitness skills.
- We made sunset silhouette pictures using paints, these are the pictures we based our descriptive writing on.
- The Primary Sevens did an amazing job in organising Children in Need Day and we had a great time getting our faces painted, guessing Pudsey’s age and all sorts of other great activities! Thank you P7!
- Scottish Book Week: please have a book that you enjoy reading available every day in school for when we “drop everything and read.”
- On Thursday we have our visiting Viking. It would be great to see the children dress up for this day. Please see links below for some ideas.