What have we been learning in P4G this week?
- We read with P7F as part of Scottish Book Week.
- A storyteller came in and told us some really funny stories.
- In our news project we took on news jobs. The jobs were: photographer, editor, journalist and reporter.
- We chose our own reading activities.
Maths and Numeracy:
- We learnt about quarter to and quarter past when telling the time. Please practise as much as possible at home.
- We used empty number lines to add and take away.
- We also looked at partitioning a number to help us to add.
- We worked on our beat thats.
- We went to a Viking workshop, which was really good fun. We learnt lots of new things.
- We have continued to learn massage and we found out about some new strokes.
- A high school art teacher came to teach us about making a landscape picture using mixed media.
- We learnt about where Vikings came from and where they attacked and settled.
- We all made our own Viking shields in preparation for the workshop and were learning about Viking weapons and armour.
- We have renamed our tables names based on the Vikings.