A little update…
We are working so hard working on our Nativity performance. We have been working on our singing and performing in large and small groups this week. We can’t wait to perform to everyone!
Please continue to work on learning your line(s) at home if you have a speaking part. We really do appreciate all support from home.
It would be great if all narrator and cow costumes could be sent to school by Monday.
Your child has a reading book home. Please read a little each day and a big thank you to all the parent comments. We do read these but don’t always have time to respond.
We will be assessing our tricky word recall next week so please keep working on reading the highlighted words which were sent home last week.
We have been working on blending sounds to read words- in particular ‘j’ words.
Maths & Numeracy
This week we have been working on
- recognising shapes and images which are symmetrical indoors and outdoors
- counting in steps of 2 backwards and forwards
- adding two quantities together
Learning Through Play
We have had the opportunity to:
- work cooperatively to create a large Christmas tree using paint and collage
- experiment with symmetrical patterns using a variety of materials
- use ICT to support our learning- iPads
- use construction to create models of planets
Thank you again for all of your support at this busy time.
We will NOT be sending home reading next week but we will be reading in class. This week is the last week that reading will come home before Christmas.
Have a lovely time at the Christmas Fair!