Our learning this week in P4G:
- Our spelling pattern is soft c; we looked for as many soft c words as possible in a newspaper. See words below: week 10 soft c
- We continued working on news and the media- looking at headlines and making our own news reports.
- We wrote about the pantomime- a summary and our favourite part.
- Please remember to be prepared for your reading group and get your reading signed by an adult.
Maths and Numeracy:
- Continuing to work on telling the time using o’clock, half past, quarter to and quarter past.
- Addition using partitioning and addition of lots of numbers. See this example worksheet below:
Can you explain how you would add these numbers by partitioning?
35+23, 74+24, 46+23, 105+224
What would you do if the units added up to more than ten?
Can you add all of these numbers together by thinking about pairs of useful numbers?
- We’ve continued to practise our beat thats.
- To celebrate St. Andrew’s Day we all took part in a ceilidh dance- it was great fun!
- We looked at Viking long boats and created our own Viking boat.
- We learnt about Viking runes and wrote our own names and secret messages using these.
- We visited the Brunton Theatre to enjoy Jack and the Beanstalk.
- The first round of auditions for Buckstone’s Got Talent have taken place.
What another busy week!