We have started the New Year off with a very busy week of learning.
- Developing our reading skills using fiction and non-fiction texts.
- Developing our predicting skills by finding clues in a text.
- Developing our sentence structure.
- Developing our vocabulary.
- Developing our listening and talking skills.
- Developing our cursive writing skills.
- Developing our spelling of everyday words.
- Developing our functional writing skills with a focus on newspaper reports.
- Using the features of the first paragraph of a report – when, what ,who, where, why.
- Developing our accuracy and speed for addition, subtraction and multiplication calculations.
- Discussing the strategies we use for addition calculations including near doubles, near jigsaw, knowledge of 10 + calculations and fact families.
- Developing strategies for addition calculations over a decade.
- Developing our understanding and recall of times tables.
- Developing our use of 4 methods for making addition calculations including traditional, diamonds, grid and jump.
- Working out the calculation we need to do for ‘real-life’ addition examples.
- Explaining the methods we are using to others.
- Developing our knowledge of analogue and digital time.
- Developing our cooperative skills.
- Developing our thinking skills.
- Developing skills needed for team games.
- Developing our knowledge of the Vikings.
- Developing our art/technology skills using a variety of materials- our Viking Longship is ready to sail!