In Literacy we have been looking at different openers (ways of starting sentences) Here are some that the children wrote:
- One cold, dark night there was a dragon who started to devour the city.
- Before long, Dash came to a wood that had a lot of wonderful creatures in it.
- One morning, Flora woke up and ate her cheerios.
- All of a sudden, Eilidh appeared out of nowhere!
- Suddenly, people came running out of a building.
- In a far off land, Samuel was being chased by marshmallow head.
At Home: You could practise with openers and spot good ones in stories you read together.
We have been learning about the properties of 3D shapes. We have looked at shapes and identified the vertices (corners), edges and faces.
At Home: You could look at real life examples of 3D shapes and describe them.
IDL: In our topic we have continued to do research and write our factbooks.
HAVE A HAPPY AND SAFE HOLIDAY