Literacy & Reading
This week’s new sounds are oi and oy. ‘Tricky Words’ are said and come. Please continue to revise all sounds and ‘tricky’ words’ at home.
New reading books will be sent home this week–Monday/Tuesday.
Thank you for signing and commenting in your child’s reading record. (See previous post for information on reading at home)
Below are some tricky words which we are finding tricky to read. Please work on these at home: are, all, some, was, saw, want.
During reading we have also been concentrating on reading with expression and spotting rhyming words.
• Writing – This week we wrote about Our favourite character from a book for World Book Day. The children loved sharing their books with their peers.
Numeracy & Maths
• Maths – we have continued to explore time. We have now covered predicting what time it will be in 2hours, 3hours, 4hours etc. we have also discussed what time was it 2hours, 3hours, 4hours ago etc.
• You could also talk about times of the day (bed time, dinner time, time to get up) and read these on the clock together.
• We have also been continuing our learning on add two amounts together .
Other Curricular Areas
• P.E. – We have been working on our fitness levels in P.E. Children have been working their way round a circuit. We are also using positional language in P.E.
• P.E. – Children have been enjoying the Daily Mile and Cosmic Kids Yoga as part of their P.E. too.
•IDL – This week we took our learning outside, and we explored the school grounds. We then got the chance to make maps of the school of what we saw.
Learning Through Play
• Technologies – Children have been using the recycling to build models and explore how to join different materials using glue, tape and ‘blue-tac’.
• Technologies – Children have also been making paper aeroplanes and testing how far/high they can fly them.
• Fine Motor Skills- we continue to focus on hand strength using threading, play-dough and cutting activities.
Thank you for your continued support in your child’s learning.