Everyone has had a new non-fiction book home this week. We are collecting all books in on Friday 14th June. Thank you for all your help and support with reading this year at home. A big well done to all the children for putting in lots of effort.
We will continue reading challenges in class into next week.
Your child will have a home learning sheet home. This is the last home learning sheet coming home before the holidays. Please continue to revisit sounds and tricky words over the next few weeks at home.
This week we have been focusing on recognising, remembering and writing facts.
We have also been focusing on extending our writing using the word ‘because’.
Numeracy and Maths
This week we have been learning:
- To find one half of a shape and number
- To find one quarter of a shape and number
- To count in 2s, 5s and 10s
- To add and subtract by counting forward and backwards
- To hold a number in our brain and count on and back
We have even been making our very own pizza! We split our pizza into halves and quarters with a learning partner! How delicious!
Other areas of the curriculum
We have been learning :
- To compare the differences between our classroom and a classrooms in the past.
- To listen to a video and remember facts.
- To create a Royal Oufit
- To create a card
Learning Through Play
- experimenting with volume and reading units of measure in the water tray
- building the ‘Berlin Wall’ in the construction area
- creating tile patterns using a variety of resources
- creating outfits using a variety of materials
- to take turns in games