Welcome to Primary 1B’s first blog post.
We have been very busy this week making lots of new friends and focusing on important routines such as changing our indoor/outdoor shoes (we are getting very good at this), hanging up coats, unpacking and packing our bags, lining up, creating and following our classroom rules and going for lunch!
As well as learning lots of new routines, we have been learning through play and starting to explore our classroom to ensure that we feel safe and comfortable in this new and exciting setting.
Challenge for the weekend: It would be fantastic if you could continue practising taking on and off outdoor jackets with your child along with any other clothing with zips or buttons as we are still finding this quite tricky.
- Monday 26th August – Evening News Photograph.
- Thursday 29th August – Meet the teacher (3.15 – 3.45)
Thank you to P1B for a lovely first week, have a fun weekend and I look forward to seeing you all on Monday morning.
Miss Hutcheon and Mrs Conlin
- Due to break time only lasting 20 minutes, we ask that you don’t give your child too many snacks to eat during this time. Please also remember to cut your grapes or tomatoes in half if your child is planning to take them for either break or lunch. Thank you!
- In primary 1B we are always looking for parent helpers so please get in touch with the office staff if you would like to come and help us with our learning. Please note however that this would be a chance for you to help with the whole class and we cannot promise that you will be able to work with your own child at all times.
- Please be aware that the school website is being shut down for maintenance as of Monday 26th of August and may be out of service for up to two weeks.