P1 Best Butterflies Blog
We have had a really busy week in primary 1B with lots of exciting learning happening. Over the last week we have been learning:
- Practising our listening and talking skills through sharing our adventures with Billy, our Everywhere Bear.
- Answering and asking questions about our adventures with Billy and saying kind comments about others work.
- We have been practising writing our name
- Learning the single sounds of the alphabet, specifically, t and p
- We went outside this week with both the P1 classes and practiced our letter formation in different ways – we did this in sand, with chalk and by forming the letters with our bodies.
- Blending single sounds we know to help us read/write words
- We completed our first piece of writing where we wrote a list of three items that Billy, the Everywhere Bear might want to take with him on his adventures
- Exploring numbers to 10 with matching activities
- Recognising numbers and dot patterns (to 10/20)
- Exploring numbers to 20
- Sequencing numbers to 10
- Counting forwards and backwards from different starting points
- Exploring pattern – recreating pattern and investing where we can see patterns in our environment
- P.E. – This week we continued practicing changing for P.E.
- Learned to follow instructions during P.E.
- Learned to move around the hall safely.
- Tuesday P.E. (skills focus) – throwing and catching
- Friday P.E. (fitness focus) – running games and discussing the importance of keeping fit/staying healthy
- Health and Wellbeing – Learning about people that help us by discussing the ‘safe’ aspect of the SHANARRI wheel– we pretended we were actors and actresses and acted out different scenarios where somebody may have to help us. We then shared these with the class
- Please continue help your child to dress/undress independently, this will help with changing for P.E
- It would be really helpful if all items of clothing could be labelled
- Please be mindful when choosing a snack for your child – break time is only 15minutes long and adults in the playground cannot look after snack tubs. We are also a nut-free school
Thank you for your continued support in your child’s learning.
Have a lovely long weekend and we look forward to seeing you all on Tuesday morning.
Miss Hutcheon and Mrs Conlin