P1/2 Learning Ladybirds Blog
Over the first few weeks we have been doing reading in class. P2 Reading will be sent home after the September weekend, P1 reading will be sent home after the October break. Additional information will follow.
Over the first few weeks of Term 1 we have been learning:
- Practising our listening and talking skills through sharing Everywhere Bear.
- Answering and asking questions about Everywhere Bear
- We have continued practising writing our name.
- Exploring the single sounds of the alphabet (s,a,t,p,i,n,r,m)
- Exploring digraph sounds eg. th and wh
- Exploring block 1/2 tricky words (I, to, the)
- Blending single sounds we know to read/write words
- P1 have been introduced to the first ORT book – meeting all the main characters
- P2 have been reading in class (ORT books)
- Exploring numbers to 20 and beyond
- Working with ‘Learning Partners’ to explore numbers
- Playing dominos with Miss McGhee
- Recognising numbers and dot patterns (to 10/20)
- Sequencing numbers
- Counting forwards and backwards from different starting points
- Exploring pattern – recreating pattern and investing where we can see patterns in our environment
- Wednesday P.E. (skills focus) – throwing and catching
- We have been practising under arm and over arm throwing and using these skills in games
- Thursday P.E. (fitness focus) – running games and discussing the importance of keeping fit/staying healthy
- Health and Wellbeing: we have been using our ‘feelings fans’ to discuss our feelings.
- Snack and Chat: we have been trying our having our snack and a chat in the classroom just before break – it’s been a success! We have enjoyed time together to chat and develop social skills as well have all our break time to play.
- Creativity: we have enjoyed having a creation station in the classroom this week. Children have been able to explore their creative side independently by selecting and using materials to make models. We have also then shared these models with Miss McGhee
- Problem Solving: We have had the opportunity to solve problems by recreating patterns and shapes shown on flashcards – we had to solve them before the sand timer ran out!
- Please continue help your child to dress/undress independently, this will help with changing for P.E
- It would be really helpful if all items of clothing could be labelled
- Please be mindful when choosing a snack for your child – break time is only 15minutes long and adults in the playground cannot look after snack tubs. We are also a nut-free school
- We politely ask you give your child water in their bottles
- Thank you for handing in recycling for our ‘Creation Station’
- P2 Learning Stories come home today – look out for them in your child’s purple folder
- Home Learning will begin next week- this will come home on a Thursday.
Thank you for your continued support in your child’s learning. Have a lovely weekend and enjoy the Monday holiday!