It has been a very busy week of learning in P4W!
We are developing skills across the curriculum.
- Developing our reading skills. We are continuing to read our new class novel ‘Storm’ by Kevin Crossley – Holland.
- Developing our listening and talking skills by discussing a variety of texts.
- Developing our comprehension skills.
- Developing our thinking skills and understanding of a text by using Bloom’s questioning.
- Developing our knowledge of the features of a successful poster.
- Developing our diary writing skills.
- Developing our spelling skills.
- Developing our knowledge of Scots and reciting a poem.
This week’s spelling rule –
Insert a t when ‘ch’ follows a short vowel sound.
hatch match itch catch hutch snatch scratch match ditch witch watch
bewitched hatching stitching snatched scratched matching kitchen stretching pitching catching
- Developing quick and accurate recall of number facts.
- Using number bond ‘fact families’ to make addition and subtraction calculations.
- Identifying number patterns.
- Continuing number sequences and creating our own.
- Developing our subtraction skills.
- Laying out subtraction calculations correctly and explaining the traditional method. Our ‘key word’ is EXCHANGE.
- Developing our problem solving skills and explaining our strategies.
- Developing our knowledge of the characteristics of Living Things.
- Developing our cooperative skills.
- Developing drama skills.
- Developing skills for team games.
- Developing our Scottish country dancing skills.
- Performing to a wider audience.
Have a good weekend!