This week we have been learning:
- We have continued to practice our listening and talking skills through sharing our Everywhere bear adventures.
- Exploring some single sounds of the alphabet. We have focused on s, a, t. p, i, n. However, the main focus this week has been sounds: i, n.
- We have been working on initial sounds of words and some children have been working on blending and segmenting words. We have enjoyed using the magnetic letters to make words and counting the number of sounds that each word had.
Home learning ideas
- Continue to practice fine motor skills. Remember that doing exercise outdoors will help my core muscles which will help to develop my fine motor skills.
- Find words that start with a given sound (from the ones we have been working on).
- Read a story with your child every day (if possible) and chat about the book. The more stories the better!
- Practice the sounds we have been learning with the sound cards that you will receive today in your purple folder. You could play who finds the sound first, who can say more words starting with a given sound, make words with the sounds you have, etc. Please practice no more than 10 minutes a day!
- We have continued to explore pattern: our focus has been to copy, continue and create simple patterns involving objects and shapes. We have use different objects in the room to make patterns.
- We have explored, recognised and continued simple number patterns and worked on finding missing numbers on a number line within the range 0 – 20.
- Exploring numbers to 10 with matching activities
- Recognising numbers and dot patterns (to 10)
- Exploring numbers to 10 (and beyond for some)
- Sequencing numbers
- Counting forwards and backwards from different starting points.
Home learning ideas
- Please continue to practice number formation numbers 0 to 10: you don’t need to use a pencil, you can use flour, water and a paint brush, make the number with chalk and your child can trace it over with a car, etc.
- Play dominoes at home .
- P. E. – This week we have continued to practice changing for P.E. We are working on catching and throwing skills we have focused on under arm throws.
- Health and Well being –We have continued to learn about the SHANARRI wheel, this week our focus has been Healthy.
- Music: We have participated in our Magic of music work where we have focused on following the beat. Every Wednesday all P1 children join for a singing time together.
- Skills: we have been using the shared area to work with all P1 children on: sharing and imaginative play, understanding the need for rules and fair play. We have been amazed by the fantastic constructions at the block play area.
- Today you should have received the sound cards on your purple folders please check.
- Please continue help your child to dress/undress independently, this will help with changing for P.E
- It would be really helpful if all items of clothing could be labelled. This will help the teachers to find lost property and the children to identify their own clothes.
- Please we would love to have: cardboard tubes from kitchen rolls, corks, lids from milk cartons, shells.
Thank you for your continued support in your child’s learning.