This week we have been very busy. It has been lovely meeting all parents over the last two days and to have the opportunity to share your children’s learning, thank you for coming!
We have been working hard on all of our literacy and numeracy learning activities and we received a letter from ‘the Friendly Dragon’!
This week we have been learning:
- Practising our listening and talking skills as we continued to share our adventures with Billy, our Everywhere Bear
- Answering and asking questions about our adventures with Billy and saying kind comments about others work
- Learning the single sounds of the alphabet.
- This week we have focused on e and h . We have all enjoyed watching Geraldine the Giraffe to help us learn our sounds – we find Geraldine really funny.
- Blending single sounds we know to help us read/write words
- We have started writing letters to the dragon.
- This week we have been using pencil and black pens to draw stories. We have shared these amazing stories with Mrs de Bonrostro.
Home learning ideas
- Letter/Sound hunt: Look in magazines, newspapers, books, boxes of cereals etc. for the letters that we have been working on and read the words to your child.
- If you have scrabble at home use the letters to make words.
- We have played this game in the class: http://www.ictgames.com/phonicsPop/index.html
- Continue to practice your fine motor skills by using play dough, using cloth pegs, doing/undoing buttons, using scissors, etc.
Numeracy and Maths
- Exploring numbers to 10/20/30 with matching activities.
- Recognising numbers and dot patterns (to 10/20).
- Sequencing numbers to 10/20/30.
- Counting forwards and backwards from different starting points.
- Exploring 3D shapes through play experiences.
Home learning ideas
- Please continue to look at and discuss numbers in the environment with your child. On buses, cookers, door numbers etc. This will help us with our number recognition as we continue with our numeracy work.
- A new game to compare numbers: https://www.ictgames.com/mobilePage/playYourCardsRight/index.html
- P. E. – throwing and catching using an underarm throw, running games and following instructions.
- Topic (Fairyland)– This week we received a letter from the Friendly Dragon who said that his home, Fairyland, had disappeared. We talked about how we could help the Dragon by recreating Fairyland in our classroom.
- Please check the purple folders today. You should find a template for the Christmas cards. Please make sure they are back by Tuesday if you want to receive an order form.
- Home learning went home last week with all of our new sounds – h and e were included on that sheet so your child will not receive a new home learning sheet this week. Please continue to work on learning the sounds with your children. This should be for a maximum of 10 minutes per day.
- Thank you for your continued support in your child’s learning.
Have a lovely weekend and I look forward to seeing you all on Monday for the final week of term!
Mrs de Bonrostro and Mrs Ling