Please remind your child to bring their book and reading record to school every day. Everyone should now have received their ‘Reading Rockets’ to support reading. We will be sending reading books home next week to read over the October Holidays.
Please do not be worried if your child moves/changes reading groups – reading groups are fluid and your child may move in order to support their individual learning needs.
- We have been doing reading in class focusing on sounding out, decoding tricky words and reading with increased fluency and expression
- Exploring digraph sounds ‘igh’ and ‘y’ (sky)
- Practising spelling block 1/2 tricky words
- We have been learning to write sentences correctly and retell a story in the correct sequence
- Continuing to reinforce doubles facts with a range of numbers. You can play this game at home:
- P2 have been focusing on our number bonds to 10 and 20. You can play this game at home:
- Continuing to investigate and create patterns
- P.E. (small balls skills) – aiming, throwing, catching and passing, hand/eye coordination
- Developing fine motor control
- Building resilience in school
- The children really enjoyed having Zoo Lab into school this week. They had the opportunity to see and touch a range of animals including a gecko, snake, rat and cockroach! They were very brave!
- Reading – we will be sending reading home next week to do over the October break
- We will send gym bags home next week as it is the holidays
- It would be really helpful if all items of clothing could be labelled
- We politely ask you to encourage your child to keep toys and trading cards at home – we have lots of resources at school to keep your child busy learning
- We are looking for materials for building, modelling and using at our creation station – recycling is welcome!
Thank you and have a lovely weekend