P1B Learning Blog
This week we have been learning:
- Practising our listening and talking skills through sharing our Everywhere bear adventures. Billy has been in almost every house now! He has been very busy!
- Exploring some single sounds of the alphabet. We have focused on d and o. We are now making words and finding words that start with a given sound.
- We have been making our own stories and asking adults to scribe them for us. We have fantastic story writers in our class!
Home learning ideas
- To practice fine motor skills, use pegs, do and undo buttons, play with playdough, etc.
- Make words using the sounds from the cards. As you have noticed they have different print as children should be exposed to different types of print.
- Find words that start with a given sound (from the ones we have been working on).
- Read a story with your child every day (if possible) and chat about the book.
- This week we have been working on number bonds to 10 (some children have working on numbers to 20). We have explored how two numbers make a bigger number, we have focused on using two numbers to make number 10.
- Exploring numbers to 10 with matching activities
- Recognising numbers and dot patterns (to 10)
- Exploring numbers to 10 (and beyond for some)
- Sequencing numbers
- Counting forwards and backwards from different starting points
Home learning ideas
- Practice number formation numbers 0 to 10: you don’t need to use a pencil, you can use flour, water and a paint brush, make the number with chalk and your child can trace it over with a car, etc.
- P.E. – This week we have continued to practice changing for P.E. We are working on, catching /throwing and fitness skills. We have been checking our heart beats after doing exercise to see how it changes.
- Topic: We have been reading different fairy tales and planned what we would like to do to help our friendly dragon. Looking forward to seeing all the work after the holidays!
- It would be really helpful if all items of clothing could be labelled.
- School home learning ideas
We hope you all have a lovely break! Looking forward to seeing you on Wednesday 23rd October.
Miss Hutcheon and Mrs Conlin