This week we have been learning:
- Practising our listening and talking skills through sharing our Everywhere bear adventures. Billy, the Everywhere bear, has been in almost every house now! He has been very busy!
- Exploring some single sounds of the alphabet. We have focused on d and g. We are now making words and finding words that start with a given sound. We love learning the actions for each sound and watching Geraldine the giraffe.
- We have been making our own stories and asking adults to scribe them for us. We have fantastic story writers in our class!
Home learning ideas
- To practice fine motor skills, use pegs, do and undo buttons, play with playdough, etc.
- Make words using the sounds from the cards. As you have noticed they have different print as children should be exposed to different types of print.
- Find words that start with a given sound (from the ones we have been working on).
- Read a story with your child every day (if possible) and chat about the book.
- We played this game in class:
- This week we have been working on number bonds to 10 (some children have working on numbers to 20). We have explored how two numbers make a bigger number, we have focused on using two numbers to make number 10.
- Exploring numbers to 10 with matching activities
- Recognising numbers and dot patterns (to 10)
- Exploring numbers to 10 (and beyond for some)
- Sequencing numbers
- Counting forwards and backwards from different starting points
Home learning ideas
- Practice number formation numbers 0 to 10: you don’t need to use a pencil, you can use flour, water and a paint brush, make the number with chalk and your child can trace it over with a car, etc.
- We have been playing this game in class: number bonds
- P. E. – This week we have continued to practice changing for P.E. We are working on, catching /throwing and fitness skills. We have been checking our heart beats after doing exercise to see how it changes.
- Topic: We have been reading different fairy tales and planned what we would like to do to help our friendly dragon. Looking forward to seeing all the work after the holidays!
- French: We have learned the song Frere Jacques
- Please continue help your child to dress/undress independently, this will help with changing for P.E
- It would be really helpful if all items of clothing could be labelled.
- School home learning ideas
- Please continue to work on learning the sounds with your children. This should be for a maximum of 10 minutes per day.
- After the holidays Mrs de Bonrostro will be in the classroom every day as she will step down as Acting Principal Teacher as Miss Martin, our Principal Teacher, is back from her Maternity leave. We would like to thank Mrs Ling for all her hard work. We will miss you!
- Thank you for your continued support in your child’s learning.
We hope you all have a lovely break! Looking forward to seeing you on Wednesday 23rd October.
Mrs de Bonrostro and Mrs Ling