P1 Best Butterflies Blog
Welcome back! I hope you all had a fun October break. We have had a busy few days getting back into the routine of school and have all settled in really well.
This week we have been learning:
- Learning the single sounds of the alphabet.
- This week we have focused on g
- .We have all enjoyed watching Geraldine the Giraffe to help us learn our sounds – we find Geraldine really funny. You can find these clips on Youtube.
- Blending single sounds we know to help us read/write words
- We completed our first piece of writing this week. We drew lovely black pen drawings about what we did during our October Holiday then wrote about our pictures. We then shared these with the class.
Numeracy and Maths
- Exploring numbers to 10/20/30 with matching activities
- Sequencing numbers to 10/20/30
- Counting forwards and backwards from different starting points
- We focused on addition of numbers up to 10 this week.
- We have been learning to recognise the mathematical signs for addition such as the plus/add and equals signs and have been encouraging the use of this language during our matching learning activities.
- Please continue to look at and discuss numbers in the environment with your child. On buses, cookers, door numbers etc. This will help us with our number recognition as we continue with our numeracy work.
- P.E. – Tuesday P.E. (skills focus) – throwing and catching using an underarm throw
- Friday P.E. (fitness focus) – running games and discussing the importance of keeping fit/staying healthy.
- Other Information
- Home learning will go home on Monday with our new sound (g). Please continue to work on learning all of the sounds with your children. This should be for a maximum of 10 minutes per day
- We are starting to introduce woodwork into our play area and we would be grateful if anyone would be able to donate some off cuttings of pine wood into school for us to use at this station.
- Thank you for your continued support in your child’s learning.
Have a lovely weekend and I look forward to seeing you all on Monday for the first full week back.
Miss Hutcheon and Mrs Conlin