Please remind your child to bring their book and reading record to school every day. Everyone should now have received their ‘Reading Rockets’ to support reading.
Please do not be worried if your child moves/changes reading groups – reading groups are fluid and your child may move in order to support their individual learning needs.
- We have been doing reading in class focusing on sounding out, decoding tricky words and reading with increased fluency and expression
- Practising spelling block 1/2/3 tricky words
- We have been learning to write super sentences using our sentences correctly using our Polishing Pencil
- We have been working on our handwriting and learning to use correct formation
- We did our Formation of Writing activity on Friday – listening carefully to a description and creating a detailed picture to match the statement
- Continuing to focus on our number bonds to 10 and 20. You can play these games at home:
- Continuing to investigate and create repeating patterns, including shape patterns
- In P.E. we are continuing to develop the following skills through stations and games: balancing, aiming, throwing, catching and passing, hand/eye coordination
- Developing fine motor control through a range of activities to promote pencil control
- Building resilience in school and talking about what we are grateful for
- Learning about continents and where they are found
- We have been enjoying singing and music on a Wednesday afternoons
- It would be really helpful if all items of clothing could be labelled