P1/2 Learning Ladybirds Blog
P1/2 Learning Ladybirds really enjoyed sharing their learning with you this morning – thank you for coming along!
P.E. HAS CHANGED DAY: TUESDAY AND WEDNESDAY
Please remind your child to bring their book and reading record to school every day. Please do not be worried if your child moves/changes reading groups – reading groups are fluid and your child may move in order to support their individual learning needs.
- All – We have continued practising letter formation
- P1 – This week we have revised the single sounds of the alphabet we have learned so far (s,a,t,p,i,n,r,m,e,h,d,o,g,f,m) and how to use them in our writing
- P1 – Revising the ‘Jolly Phonics’ songs and actions linked to each sound – ask your child to teach you!
- P1 – have also been practising how to use these sounds in reading and writing.
- P1: have continued to work through Block 1 ‘Tricky Words’ – these are words that cannot be sounded out
- P2 have been revising the digraph sounds (two letters making one sound) we have covered so far
- P2 have also been practising how to use these sounds in their writing
- P2 have been revising all Block 1 tricky words
- P2 have also continued to explore Block 2 tricky words
- Tricky Word Power Points – please remember to change the order of the slides to keep your children on their toes!
- Spelling ‘Tricky Words’ game: http://www.ictgames.com/mobilePage/spookySpellings/index.html
- Blending the single sounds we know to read/write words
- Word building using sounds we have explored
- Writing: this week we have continued to focus on building sentences – support and challenge has been provided across P1 and P2 levels
- Writing – this week we focussed on a descriptive piece of writing – using our imaginations to create a sentence.
- P1 Writing Star Steps – capital letters, finger spaces and full stops
- P2 Writing Star Steps – capital letters, finger spaces full stops, connectives and ‘wow’ words.
- This week we have revised number bonds to 10 – 2 numbers that make 10.
- We have also explored number bonds to 20.
- P2 – were exploring the similarities between number bonds to 10 and number bonds to 20
- P1/2 number facts to 10 – you can play this game at home https://www.topmarks.co.uk/number-facts/number-fact-families
- P1/2 number bonds to 10 game – http://flash.topmarks.co.uk/3967
- We have been focussing on adding numbers this week
- Children have been able to challenge themselves with open ended addition tasks!
- We are continuing with the challenge of using a timer to see how quickly we can add/subtract or re-call number bonds.
- Tuesday P.E. (games and fitness) – running games and discussing the importance of keeping fit/staying healthy
- Wednesday P.E. (skills focus – Balance) This week we explored balance using different parts of our body and tried some yoga!
- Health and Wellbeing: we continue to use ‘Big Deal/Little Deal’ this week to support building resilience
- Health and Wellbeing – this week we have been ‘looking on the bright side’ and created a school display of things that make us feel good.
- Music – on a Friday morning P1s and P2s come together for singing. Children are enjoying developing different skills during singing as well as learning new songs!
- Circle Time – on a Friday we discuss our learning and share ideas of what we would like to learn next and what we would like to have in the classroom to support our learning. Today we also shared our experience of Halloween
- The Area – we have protected time in the area outside our classroom every week. We explore lots of different skills through block play, the home corner, role play, painting, junk modelling, sand, water and crafts…..this is also a great time to develop our sharing skills further
- The Area – children can also self-select to be in the area in the afternoon – an adult from nursery is there to support their learning
- P1 Home Learning – This week there will be no blue home learning sheet as we have had a revision/assessment week – please use the link(s) in this blog to support your child’s learning
- P2 Home Learning– if you would like to support your child at home please use the link(s) in this blog
- We politely ask you to encourage your child to keep toys and trading cards at home – we have lots of resources at school to keep your child busy learning
- Uniform – can you please check at home to see if your child has picked up uniform that belongs to another child and return it to school – Thank you!
- P2 Forest Kindergarten – P2 are doing this on Wednesday morning at 09.30. Please remember to wrap up and dress appropriately for the weather.
Thank you for your continued support in your child’s learning.